Site Survey Form
In order that we can arrange for an engineer to install your newly purchased lift we must have
prompt return of this form indicating that the necessary pre-installation site preparation is
complete. Failure to return this form will result in a delay of installation
Proposed Delivery Date
Type of Equipment
The concrete floor where the lift is to be installed is flat and
level, and of the correct density and thickness - see reverse for details
Location of the equipment is agreed and takes due account of
safety requirements. It is free of obstruction and ready for installation.
A suitable fused isolator is mounted adjacent to the equipment.
CHECK 3 PHASE of SINGLE PHASE. Note single phase supply must be available for hand tools.
Unskilled labour will be available without delay during the installation to
assist in the movement of heavy items.
The roof height is adequate to accommodate the equipment ordered.
The equipment will be stored on site and adjacent to the location where it is to be installed.
7 IMPROVED DELIVERY TIME
Is a fork lift truck available on site at all times for off loading
from a flat bed vehicle? (If so your delivery time may be improved)
8 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Please inform us of any special requirements
PAGE 2 IMPORTANT
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY GUIDANCE NOTE AND SUBMIT AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
To enable the installation of your new lift to be undertaken without delay and without incurring additional cost to yourself, it is essential that the site is ready before the installation engineer is instructed to visit you. These
guidance note are intended to help you make the necessary arrangements, but should you require any additional information of help please contact Smart GES.
1. FLOOR The lift must be installed on ground that will support both the lift and the maximum load to be lifted. Surface mounted lifts up to and including 8 tonnes capacity require a sound floor that is practically level over the complete
area of the lift site and also the vehicle standing area in the case of two post lifts.
The concrete thickness should not be less than 150mm (6 inches). If the floor does not comply with this requirement,
concrete pads of a suitable seize must be laid to suit the position of the columns of base of the lift. Concrete should be at least 20 Nm Density.
For lifts with capacities greater than 8 tonnes the above conditions apply but the concrete thickness must be 230mm (9 inches). Sitting the lift on an area of floor which has cables or pipes running through it should be avoided. If, however
there is no alternative, we must be notified of the under floor obstruction so that the installation engineer may take the necessary precautions. If you are unsure of any of the above a test drilling service is available.
1a. RECESSES Some lifts require recesses to be formed in the floor. These recesses should be exact to the manufacures drawing. Please ask in any doubt.
2. LOCATION In order to comply with safety requirements the lift must be positioned to ensure that any moving parts are at least 600mm (24 inches) from the nearest fixed obstruction. When a four post lift is to be used for authorised M.O.T. Testing the positioning must comply with Department of Transport requirements.
3. ELECTRICITY For three phase lifts a 415 volt. 3 phase 50Hz supply with earth & neutral is required, 10 amps per phase.
For single phase lifts a suitable 240 volt. 1 phase, 50Hz supply is required. A suitable fused isolator must be located adjacent to the control unit of the lift. The size of isolator will depend upon the type of lift and in case of doubt please contact us. A competent electrician must be employed by you to complete the permanent electrical connections between the isolator and the lift control unit.
A 240 volt. or 110 volt. 1 phase, 50 Hz supply must be available in the area of the lift to enable our engineer to use
electrical hand tools.
3a. COMPRESSED AIR For some lifts a compressed air supply is necessary to operate the system.
A compressed air connection point must be available in the vicinity of the control unit of the lift and will need to be
attached to the lift control post.
4. ASSISTANCE ON SITE To enable the lift to be installed economically (within the selling price for the lift) only one engineer will be involved in installing the lift (two in case of commercial lifts). Due to the size and weight of some of the lift parts if is necessary for us to ask that you provide adequate labour assistance for short periods during installation.
5. LIFTING EQUIPMENT Commercial lifts (6 tonnes and above) require the use of a fork lift truck during installation. It is the customers responsibility to provide this equipment when needed.
6. STORAGE As delivered lifts usually consist of two or moor packages and it is necessary to ensure that the lift is complete before the installation engineer arrives, please place all the various parts of the lift adjacent to the area where the lift is to be installed in order to avoid loss of time.
7.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Vehicle lifts are heavy items and there is the risk of scratching and or leaveing oil /grease residue to your floor.if you require special precautions to prevent damage to your premesis these must be provided before installation.Although we make every effort to be careful smart garage equipment is not responsible for such damage if these precautions have not been put in place.
By submitting this form you agree to the contents of the form.
Faliure to meet these requirements means extra costs may be incurred by you the customer
Please note that you might be in breach of Health & Safety at Work Act, if you use the lift without undergoing a thorough examination /load test and marked with its safe working load.
Smart Garage Equipment LTD company registration no 7557244
Proposed Installation Date
Welcome to Smart Garage Equipment
© 2008 All Rights Reserved Terms and Conditions apply Tel 07432 704909/ 07508 412472
Contact us by email
1 Post Lifts
2 Post Lifts
2 Post Lifts Home
Baseless 2 Post Lifts
4 Post Lifts
4 Post Lifts Home
Scissor Lifts Home
Mobile Column Lifts
Mobile Column Lifts Home
Heavy Duty Lifts
Wheel Alignment Lifts
Class 4-7 Brake Testers
Commercial Brake Testers
Recipricating Air Compressors
Rotary Screw Compressors
MOT ATL Equipment
MOT ATL Home
Exhaust Gas Analysers
Roller Brake testers
Headlight Beam Testers
Wheel Balancers Home
Wheel Balancers Home
Hofmann Megaplan Wheel Balancers
Dunlop Wheel Balancers
Tyre Changers Home
Tyre Changers Home
Hofmann Megaplan Tyre Changers
Dunlop Tyre Changers
Waste oil drainers
Air opperated oil and grease pumps
Oil and grease control guns
Retractable hose reels
Air Conditioning Machines
Commercial Trolley Jacks